- Stay in the historic capital Valletta, lots to see and do; magnificent views of the Grand Harbour from Upper Barrakka Gardens
- Explore the medieval city of Mdina – the silent city – have a rest at Fontanella located on the bastion walls, the best tea room with views.
- Stroll along the seafront from Sliema to St Julian’s
- Eat on the water’s edge in the traditional fishing village of Marsascala
- Visit Marsaxlokk – the picturesque fishing village.
- Take a boat to Birgu from Valletta Water front and explore the Three Cities
- Visit the Hypogeum in Tarxien – unique underground caverns.
- Spend a day on the quieter island of Gozo
- Visit Palazzo Parisio in Naxxar – if Oprah visited it … so must you! Nice tearooms and gardens.
- Take a boat to the Blue Lagoon off the island of Comino to swim in the azure waters
- Golden Sands, Ghajn Tuffieha, and Riviera are the islands top sandy beaches
- Paradise Bay in Cirkewwa, close to the ferry boat to Gozo
- Armier also in Cirkewwa (Forty minutes by bus from Valletta.)
St Julians Restaurants
- Dolcevita, St Julians, for fresh fish with views of the bay
- Terazza, Spinola Road, St Julians, for fresh fish on the bay
- Zest 12 St George’s Road, Spinola Bay, for sushi where East meets West at Hotel Juliani
- Peppinos St George’s Road, Spinola Bay, a little trattoria serving Mediterranean food
- Rubino, 58 Old Bakery Street Valletta.
- Fumia, Manuel Theatre Old Bakery Street Valletta.
- Two-twentytwo, Valletta http://www.two-twentytwo.com
- Valletta Waterfront, http://www.vallettawaterfront.com
- Da Pippo, 136 melita street Tel 21248029 for Mediterranean food in a local trattoria
- Cafe Cordina, best coffee house in Valletta http://www.caffecordina.com
- Sicilia Bar, for a simple lunch with stunning views on the bastions, down St Pauls street